We’re hiring a Project Manager
Applications are due by: September 11th
About UsSamara Collective is a worker-owned strategic media and communications firm. We are a democratically-run, 100% remote, national organization. The majority of our diverse membership identifies as women, people of color, and queer. Together we bring more than seventy years of experience in organizations — ranging from labor unions to political campaigns to nonprofits and small businesses — working on social issues including healthcare, racial justice, voting rights, community-led processes, environmental justice, transportation, the arts, and supporting other worker cooperatives.
MissionOur mission is to partner with values-based organizations to develop long-term creative pathways to progress via strategic communications and capacity building. We build power by creating spaces where people can bring their whole selves to the work that they do and by giving voice to the stories that will shape our future.
VisionWe envision a more equitable world where communities have the agency to create sustainable change and the bridges needed to build deeper connections between them.
We are a full service media firm. We have contracts with unions and non-profits that span social media advertising, press/writing, branding, web design, and graphic design. The project manager’s role is to oversee our large, long term client contracts. They will make sure each contract has proper staffing and that the work is delivered on time and on budget. This will involve super clear communication with our internal staff and external clients.
- Lead all aspects of our large client projects to ensure our projects are on task and on budget.
- Speak directly with clients and coordinate with project team members.
- Lead client check-in meetings and internal meetings to allocate work.
- Work with team leads to develop work plans and to ensure processes are consistent throughout our projects.
- Coordinate with project lead to delegate and bring in additional support as needed
- Contribute to the improvements of current project management processes.
- Quality control checks for hand off to clients
Interfacing with Business Development
- Manage current project budgets, staffing allocations, and timelines
- Support Account Manager in creating new proposals for existing clients, especially when projects begin to move outside the scope of the initial contract
- Meet every other week with the Account Manager about crossover, parallel work, and/or new concepts. Share ideas regarding updating pricing, new skills we should develop and flag any client issues that we need better guardrails around.
- 2+ years project management experience within a design agency
- Experience with managing multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Comfort with working independently, excellent time management and prioritization, clear communication skills and ability to set realistic expectations with co-workers and clients
- Has a demonstrated passion for Samara Collective’s mission and the work of our client partners; strong alignment with diversity, equity, and inclusion values
- Has strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; able to interface with various and diverse stakeholders, groups and individuals
- 5+ years project management experience within a design agency
- Certification in Project Management (not required but ideal)
- Communications experience at a nonprofit or union
- Experience with the following platforms and applications
- General: GoogleSuite, Excel, Wrike
- Design: Adobe Suite
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
We offer competitive, equitable pay rates, flexible hours and working location, and pathway to business ownership (equity – with annual profit-sharing).
- Compensation: $65,100 annually — Samara has a transparent pay scale with a 1:1.15 ratio between the highest-paid and lowest-paid employees. This is the starting salary for all new staff members, with pathways for pay increases with seniority and added member responsibilities.
- Benefits: Samara prioritizes reducing healthcare costs for employees and provides a generous benefits package by covering: 100% of healthcare premiums and deductibles via a Health Reimbursement Arrangement. We also provide dental coverage through the USFWC. Full-time employees also receive floating holidays and 3 weeks vacation. We offer an optional FSA (Flexible spending account for medical expenses, a dependent care FSA and disability and accident insurance.
- Hours: Full Time (30 hours/week)
- Location: Remote – We are a distributed national organization with members and employees in California, D.C., Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, and Rhode Island. New staff are able to work from wherever they live.
We strongly encourage queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, immigrants and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression to apply.
To apply, please complete our questionnaire, which includes a place to upload your resume.
Submit materials by September 11th. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Note: Samara Collective reserves the right to add additional duties as needed with consent of the worker. All worker-owners are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.